A New Episode!  

Posted by Phil in , ,

It actually happened! Against all odds and general not getting things done, Adam and I recorded a new episode of the PostRestoration Podcast! And it's available here, http://postrestorationist.podomatic.com/entry/eg/2009-03-04T22_01_43-08_00, and hopefully through iTunes soon again, if it's not already.

In this episode, we discuss some of thoughts based on the Christian Chronicle article about Churches of Christ in Decline, found here http://www.christianchronicle.org/article2158685~Church_in_America_marked_by_decline.

We look forward to hearing your thoughts and interacting with you both here and/or on the Facebook page.

peace.

Phil

This entry was posted on Thursday, March 5, 2009 at Thursday, March 05, 2009 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

4 comments

Listened to the pod cast today. Great discussions here, really appreciated your guys input on the article. I do have a question, about the decline in the Churches of Christ.

I noticed that there is a tendency to discuss the decline in context of the worship service. How much of the decline may be attributed to the centralized and/or institutional church rather then having an organic/breathing/fluid church? I have a hunch there is a connection but it is solely based on my experience and relationships.

Thanks for the pod cast, it was very thought provoking.

-Dan Jones

March 6, 2009 at 2:51 PM

Dan, just throwing this out here (and others can comment): What is the look or feel of an "organic/breathing/fluid church" vrs. a "centralized and/or institutional church"? Can you have both?

Just stirring the pot a little :)

mw

March 6, 2009 at 4:08 PM

Matt,
This is a fair question. In my experience I find that most churches that I have attended revolves around what happens on Sundays and Wednesdays. Not that this is not a relevant discussion, because I believe it is. But I would define an organic/breathing/fluid church as a church that is open to a way of living in community that embraces both worship and life together.

For instance in centralized and/or institutional church, the building becomes the focus of all activities, where as an organic/breathing/fluid church is not limited to location, but is experienced any where two or three gather. I am sure that it is possible to have both, I am just curious sense in my experience, there is a leaning to centralize church, this may or may not be a catalyst for decline.

Really just throwing ideas out there, I am hoping this makes sense though.

Matt, thanks for stirring the pot!

-Dan Jones

March 6, 2009 at 4:27 PM
Anonymous  

Glad to see you guys back up and running on the podcast.

March 25, 2009 at 12:31 PM

Post a Comment