1) I have linked to a book that might be interesting to someday discuss. If someone has read it and would like to comment, I would be interested to hear some thoughts on it.
2) I thought it would be interesting to post some quotes and see what discussion comes from it (the quotes were found on a Google search and this blog).
“We will not hearken to those questions which gender strife, nor discuss them at all. If a person says such is his private opinion, let him have it as his private opinion; but lay no stress upon it; and if it be a wrong private opinion, it will die a natural death much sooner than if you attempt to kill it.” -Alexander Campbell-
“I have tried the pharisaic plan, and the monastic. I was once so straight, that, like the Indian’s tree, I leaned a little the other way. And however much I may be slandered now as seeking “popularity” or a popular course, I have to rejoice that to my own satisfaction, as well as to others, I proved that truth, and not popularity, was my object; for I was once so strict a Separatist that I would neither pray nor sing praises with any one who was not as perfect as I supposed myself. In this most unpopular course I persisted until I discovered the mistake, and saw that on the principle embraced in my conduct, there never could be a congregation or church upon the earth.” -Alexander Campbell-
I think these quotes bring to light a few things worth discussing especially with these quotes coming from one of the great thinkers and shapers of this movement. Also, how do these quotes change or come into light from a Post-Restorationist perspective?
- amateur missiology
- Church of Christ
- pop culture
- pop evangelicalism
- Restoration Plea
- Competition and other selfish pursuits
- More than Morality
- the weight of the Uninspired...
- A "Dark" Perspective...
- Choosing to Err on the Side of Grace
- Inside the Restoration Studio
- Change Agents!
- Post-Restoration Sightings #1 (and thoughts on the...
- Validity of the Restoration Plea?
- Theology and Pop Culture...an experiment
- Translucent Church Leadership
- Living (Not Solving) the Mystery
- A New Episode!
- Old High School Pictures, Puberty, and a "Post Res...
- It's a condition more than a position
- Launching A New Blog
- ▼ March (16)