Top 5 Video Presentations from "The Nines" IMHO  

Posted by Adam

A couple of weeks ago, Leadership Network put on a free online conference primarily for Ministers and ministry leaders. It was a somewhat schizophrenic and maddening experience as it jumped from good, thoughtful presentations to inane church-growth drivel passed off as "wisdom". Below, I'm embedding what I thought were the 5 best and most helpful presentations. Feel free to comment. I'd really like to see your reactions.
(Sorry Driscoll fans...he doesn't make my cut...even though he went over the time limit with the clip from one of his sermons that he sent in.) If you'd like to see all of the presentations, they can be found HERE.

Now, here are the 5 videos that, in my opinion, were the most engaging and important for anyone engaged in church and/or Christianity today...as a leader or otherwise:

1. Brian McLaren--One of my favorite authors. I love this guy.



2. Skye Jethani--editor of www.outofur.com



3. Alan Hirsch--Leader in the Missional Conversation/Movement



4.Reggie McNeal--Another Leader in the Missional Converstation/Movement



5. Pete Wilson--My friend Matthew Paul Turner's Pastor. When you start watching this one, you'll be tempted to assume he's w/ the flashy church growth crowd. You'd be right about the flashy, but you'd be wrong about everything else.

This entry was posted on Friday, October 2, 2009 at Friday, October 02, 2009 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

3 comments

Honored to make the list Adam!

October 5, 2009 at 9:28 PM

Adam,
I took the time to watch all the videos and they were helpful. Thanks to you for taking the time to make them available to me.

Pete,
Thanks for your contribution. I also appreciate the work of Dallas Willard and think that transformation - Christlikeness - is what we are most lacking and what will help us most.

October 6, 2009 at 4:27 AM
Anonymous  

Quite the blog you have going here. Keep up the good work.

October 6, 2009 at 3:29 PM

Post a Comment